Benefits to Company
- Implementing a Quality Management System based on ISO 9001 makes it easier to understand and satisfy customer needs.
- Better management controls and reporting leading meeting the planned Quality Objectives and better customer satisfaction
- The continual improvement requirements of the standard require organizations to improve their products and processes
- Implementing a process approach leads to fewer problems with failures in service or product quality. This leads to cost savings and better market share.
- Greater employee awareness about quality
- A marketing tool for sales promotion
- Increased credibility
Benefits to Employees
- Job satisfaction and improved employee morale
- Employees know what to do and how to do it? This reduces confusion in the decision-making process.
- Enhanced communication among employees
- The clarity in the job specification
Benefits to Customer
- It assures the consumers that they will get better quality products and services.
- Reassurance to customers that their organization considers the needs and expectations of customers and follow complaints and satisfaction of customers as a requirement.
- Contributes to the quality of life in general by ensuring improved health and safety.
- Reduced environmental impact.
Benefits to All
- Innovation and improvement.
Benefits to Society
To conclude, ISO certification is an excellent reference to begin the process of quality improvement. ISO 9001 certified organizations typically place much emphasis on quality than do non-certified organizations. ISO certification can deliver business benefits, but ISO certification should be seen as part of an overall continuous improvement process, rather than an end to itself.