Quality in Strategic Deployment
Quality management is defined as the systematic approach used to ensure that an organization meets its objectives and achieves its goals through the effective implementation of a Quality Management System.
Quality management is a strategic tool to achieve organizational success.
Relationship Between Quality Management and Strategy Deployment
ISO 9001 2015 clause 5.2.1 requires:
Top management shall establish, implement and maintain a quality policy that:
- a) is appropriate to the purpose and context of the organization and supports its strategic direction;
Quality Function Deployment (QFD) is used to collect and prioritize customer expectations.
The Role of Quality Management in Strategic Deployment
- Ensure that all project activities are aligned with organizational objectives, including those related to quality, cost-effectiveness, timeliness, safety, product/service reliability, customer satisfaction, and employee engagement.
- Managing the quality function, ensuring that it meets the needs of customers, employees, and shareholders.
- Provide technical expertise on quality issues as they arise during the implementation process.
- Assessing the impact of proposed changes on the quality of products or services provided by the company.
- Conducting audits and inspections of the company's work processes.
- Monitoring compliance with federal, state, local, and industry regulations.
- Developing strategies for improving quality systems.
- Identifying areas where improvements can be made to improve quality.
- Analyzing and reporting on progress toward meeting quality goals.
- Implementing an effective system for monitoring and controlling quality.
It is important to understand the role of quality management in strategic deployment. The organization should have a clear understanding of how it can use quality management to meet its business objectives and achieve its goals.