In 2020, TC176/SC2 (the committee responsible for revising the standard) conducted a user survey to find out what should be changed in the standard.
Based on the survey response, it was decided to leave ISO 9001:2015 unchanged.
Typically the standard gets revised every 6 to 8 years. This was quite a surprise that the standard is not getting revised this time. See here the history of revisions.
- ISO 9001:1987 (first issue)
- ISO 9001:1994 (after 7 years)
- ISO 9001:2000 (after 6 years)
- ISO 9001:2008 (after 8 years)
- ISO 9001:2015 (after 7 years)
Based on the history, there is a good chance that we might not see the next revision of the standard until the year 2030.