Change is hard. It's scary, uncertain, and it can often be uncomfortable. That's why so many people resist it. They cling to the familiar, even if it's no longer working for them. These people are afraid to change, and as a result, they miss out on opportunities and growth. But change is also necessary. It's what allows us to evolve, grow, and become better versions of ourselves.
Arguments Against Change
Any proposed change often is resisted with quotes like these:
1. If it is not broken, don't fix it.
2. You can't teach an old dog new tricks.
3. We've always done it this way.
4. If it works, leave it alone.
5. Why fix what isn't broken?
6. I like the way things are now.
7. We don't need to change; we're doing just fine.
8. I have been here for years, and I am content with the way things are now.
9. We can't go backwards; we've come too far.
How do you respond to these? Here are some suggested quotes.
1. If it is not broken, you haven't looked hard enough.
2. if it is not broken, it lacks features
3. "Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything." ~ George Bernard Shaw
4. Change is a difficult thing to accept. But once you do, you will never be the same again.
5. Be careful what you wish for...you might just get it!
6. Change is scary; change is difficult, and all things must change for the better.