ASQ® CSSGB  | How to pass your Six Sigma Green Belt Exam?
Are you looking for the American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Six Sigma Green Belt (CSSGB) certification?
Types of Six Sigma Certifications:
Currently many organizations offer Six Sigma certifications. Broadly I will classify the Six Sigma certification into three categories:
1. In-class Training: This includes in-class training and mentoring. This approach makes sense, if it is organized at the company level. The training organization takes theory class and guides participants in completing a project to demonstrate the knowledge they gained.
2. Online Training: A huge number of organizations offer online training. The advantage of online training is the
3. Self Study and Certification Exam: To demonstrate your competency in applying Six Sigma tools, ASQ certificates are well recognized globally. A large number of organizations and universities provide Six Sigma training courses. They issue their own certificates, but when it comes to one certificate which is very well recognized, that is the ASQ (American Society for Quality) CSSGB (Certified Six Sigma Green Belt) certificate.
Earlier the exams conducted by ASQ used to be paper-pencil type exams. However recently they have changed it to computer-based exams conducted by Prometric at Prometric exam centers.
ASQ CSSGB Exam Preparation Course:
ASQ CSSGB Exam Preparation Course
Applying for the exam:
One of the qualification for ASQ CSSGB exam is that you should have three years of work experience (full time paid work ) in one or more areas of the Six Sigma Green Belt Body of Knowledge.
Probability and Statistics - Practice Tests and Solutions
How to prepare for the exam?
1: Online Course
Some people learn better visually and by listening rather than reading. For then the first step would be to go for an online course. The price of online exam preparation course could go up to $2000. Looking at that we have launched our own ASQ CSSGB exam preparation course on Udemy. The price of this course is kept very affordable at $200. This provides 24 hours of videos and quiz questions to prepare for the exam. There is lifetime access to the course material. For the initial launch period, this course is being offered at a special discounted price of just $50. Click Here.
Most of the students have used one or both of these for the CSSGB exam (as a minimum)
a) Quality Council of Indiana Primer (You might want to buy the questions CD as well)
You will need the hard copy, as the CSSGB exam is an open book exam. You can take this is the exam. ASQ does allow books in the exam but does not allow the questions. So, you will have to remove practice question pages from the primer.
ASQ does not allow programmable calculator in the exam. It does suggest a list of calculators allowed in the exam. Most commonly used calculator is TI-30Xa. This is a simple calculator and has statistical functions. Get used to the calculator, especially in using the statistical functions.
4. Practice Quizzes
There are various online options for practice questions. A short list has been compiled below:
Quality Gurus Quiz (Free - 10 random questions each time)
ASQ Six Sigma Green Belt Question Bank (If you want to spend money on question bank then buy this. Don't go for cheap question banks and dumps available online.)
Typical Cost of Certification:
If you decide to go for the Green Belt certification, then your next question would be "How much does it cost for the whole process?"
Here is a typical breakdown of expenses:
1. ASQ Annual Membership Fee: $159
You don't need to be an ASQ Member for taking the exam. However if you spend $159 for the membership fee, you can save $100 in your exam fee and $46 in the purchase of CSSGB Handbook). In a way you get the annual membership for just $13.
2. ASQ Certified Six Sigma Green Belt application fee: $438 (non members), $338 (members)
3. Six Sigma Green Belt exam preparation online course:
$200 $50 on sale (link)
4. Quality Council of Indiana Primer + Question CD ($70 +$70 + shipping fee)
5. ASQ CSSGB Handbook ($89 for members and $135 for non-members)
Total approximate cost: $922 plus (Let's round this off to $1000)