The American Society for Quality (ASQ) has updated the body of knowledge (BoK) for its Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB) certification. The new BoK will be tested starting with the September 2022 testing window.
You can view item by item comparison with the 2015 version of the body of knowledge in the following document.
The below table compares the number of questions in the exam from each section in 2015 and 2022 version of the ASQ CSSBB Body of Knowledge.
2015 Body of Knowledge
2022 Body of Knowledge
Organization-wide Planning and Deployment
Organizational Process Management and Measures
Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) Framework and
Generally there has not been any significant change in 2022 version of the CSSBB Body of Knowledge (except the inclusion of Risk Management and some other topics listed below). Some key changes are listed below:
- Some new topics have been added to the body of knowledge. For example: maturity model, business planning, ROI, coaching and finance’s role, KBIs and OKRs, audit MSA, A3 problem solving and risk management.
- Some topics have been removed from the body of knowledge. For example: Hoshin Kanri, Portfolio analysis, PEST, circle diagrams
- Decreased the cognitive level for some topics (e.g. from Evaluate to Understand)
- In addition, for some topics the subtext has been revised
- The number of questions from some sections have been revised, as shown in the table above.