ASQ® CQA Body of Knowledge 2019 – What is New?
The American Society for Quality (ASQ) has updated the body of knowledge for its Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) certification effective from June 2019.
You can view item by item comparision with the 2012 version of the body of knowledge in the following document.
ASQ CQA Exam Preparation Course
- $65 course on sale today!
- Based on 2019 version of the Certified Quality Auditor BoK
- 12+ hours of videos, slides, and quizzes
The below table compares the number of questions in the exam from each section in 2012 and 2019 version of the ASQ CQA Body of Knowledge.
2012 Body of Knowledge
2019 Body of Knowledge
Auditor Program Management and Business Applications
Quality Tools and Techniques
Generally there has not been any significant change in 2019 version of the CQA Body of Knowledge. Some key changes are listed below:
- added Preventive Action (CAPA). Personally I am not sure why this was added when ISO 9001:2015 took out the Preventive Action requirements from the standard.
- added audit plan and On-site audit management for the auditee (New topics)
- added data integrity, electronic documents and records, cyber-security risks and financial risks
- removed e-audits (virtual audits)